Holy Trinity (1937)
Originally conceived as a Polish parish, this parish eventually brought together Catholics of Slavic origin. When it was established in 1937, the priest was Father Nietupski, until then attached to Christ the King Church. Thirty-six of the seventy-nine families of the parish were Polish. After the departure of Father Nietupski, his successor organized visits by Polish priests to serve the community.
St. Casimir (1955)
It was not until the arrival of a new wave of Polish immigrants after the Second World War that the Polish community finally obtained a Polish parish. Father E. Jatalksi, founding priest of the parish, celebrated its first mass at Christmas in 1955.
Material compiled from 100 Years of the Polish Community & 25 Years of St. Casimir Parish in Sudbury.