The Anglican religion was one of the founding religions in the Sudbury area, although it's development and expansion was a slow process compared to other denominations.
In 1899, James Boydell became rector of the Church of the Epiphany. He began the task of making the church self-supporting and in 1903, with the financial support of the parishioners, he managed to secure clergy support for the church exclusive of outlying missions.
During the 1900's, Mr. Boydell worked towards building a permanent church for the congregation and a building fund was established. In 1912, the original Church of the Epiphany was torn down and by 1913, the new Church of the Epiphany was built on the original site. However, the church was not paid off until 1923.
In 1918, Mr. Boydell retired at the age of 81 due to poor health. He died ten years later in 1928.
On January 6, 1924 (the Feast of the Epiphany), the church was consecrated by Archbishop Thorneloe of Algoma.
The mid 1920's saw an increase in Sudbury's population and in worshipers in the Anglican religion, however, support for the church was declining.