In 1925, the open, inter-church relationship had deteriorated to a more formal association between the Protestant faiths. Clergymen from each denomination were still found together at the events of different parishes, but the collaboration of faiths would never again be as strong as it once was.
Even after World War II, cooperation continued to decline in some instances and in others, became more formalized.
The Sudbury and District Ministerial Association, the organization that encouraged inter-church cooperation since before the Second World War, had hosted Holy Week services at St. Andrew's United Church with the participation of all Protestant parishes. The Association would invite a speaker from a different denomination to host a traditional service each year. Despite the success of this effort, it was discontinued in the late 1950's.
The 1960's sparked the "God is Dead" era in which traditional Christian values were questioned by parishioners and clergymen. This resulted in a mass exodus from religious practices for all denominations, except the more fundamentalist and conservative parishes.
By the 1970's, the crisis of faith had passed. Church membership had begun to stabilize, and in some instances, even increase.
Throughout the last twenty years, the Protestant faiths have continued to thrive in Greater Sudbury. While the inter-church relationship never returned to the same levels enjoyed in the early years of the denominations, the Protestant congregations still maintain a sense of comradery and a lasting connection to one another that continues to endure.
Material compiled from The Religious Tradition in Sudbury: 1883-1983.