The Knox Presbyterian faith resulted when some members of the Presbyterian religion chose not to unite with the Methodist congregation to form the United Church in 1925.
On December 17, 1925, Reverend J.W. Forbes Robertson became the first permanent minister for Sudbury's Knox Presbyterian Church. The faith was flourishing and soon the congregation was looking to build its own church. On July 9, 1927, the cornerstone for the new building was laid and on November 13th, the church was dedicated. By 1928, the Knox Presbyterian Church was a financial success and the congregation boasted a membership of 225 followers.
Throughout the 1930's up until 1945, the Knox Presbyterians became close with the Sudbury Baptists. They would combine summer services to allow their ministers to take a holiday.