A New Hall

St. Alban the Martyr Church Hall - 2004.  Photo courtesy of Carolyn Salem.Since 1963, bids were being taken for the construction of a new parish hall and soon, an offer was accepted from the Reitze Brothers to construct a hall that would seat 100 people. On November 8, 1967, with 74 parishioners in attendance, the hall was officially opened and dedicated by Archbishop William Wright.

The new church hall became the focus of the church's social life just as Gillmor Hall had once been. Teas, bazaars, rummage sales, congregational meetings, Sunday School classes, and social group meetings were all held in the church hall.

Throughout the 1970's, many renovations were done to improve and modernize the church hall.

Today, St. Alban's Church Hall continues to be a favoured location for social events and functions for Capreol's Anglican residents.


Material compiled from Capreol: The First 75 Years, 1918-1993 and St. Alban the Martyr: The First Fifty Years.

Follow this link to list more items
Site Map