In March of 1923, Reverend Percy Frank Bull became parish priest following the resignation of Reverend Paris. Reverend Bull was a self-educated man with a commanding presence. Unfortunately for him, he began his term at the end of the post-war boom at a time when attendance and financial support for the Anglican faith was failing.
By Easter of 1923, the mortgage on the church building had been reduced to $5,000, due in large part to the efforts of the Woman's Auxiliary, and the church leaders decided to strive to eliminate the mortgage in one year. By December, they had accomplished their goal and on the Feast of the Epiphany, 1924, the church was consecrated by Bishop Thorneloe of Algoma.
In the mid 1920's, church finances were reaching a critical point with only 75 families out of 300 providing regular offerings. A massive effort to encourage parishioners to give regularly was undertaken, but met with only limited success. Then in 1927, the church was once again in need of repairs and a mortgage was taken out to perform the needed work. The renovations caused further financial hardship to the parish.