Throughout the 1920's, numerous schools were built to handle the unending overpopulation of classrooms, and yet, even with these additional buildings, there was still never enough classrooms to accommodate the number of students in attendance. Among the schools built during the 1920's were St. Thomas, St. Albert, Ste. Marie, and Nolin School.
In 1927, brown school was sold by the Jesuit priests. When Reverend Father Napoleon Paré was informed of the sale, he made arrangements to purchase the building from the new owners and in 1929, he established the first orphanage in the area, the Orphelinat D'Youville.
Additions were being done to existing schools to help alleviate the student overpopulation in the 1930's. However, by March of 1940, the Ministry of Education could not afford to fund any new additions and the school board was forced to come up with alternative solutions. Two alternatives implemented were classroom rotations and student-teacher ratios of 45 to 1. But even these measures weren't enough to satisfy the need for classroom space. By the mid 1940's, the school board was in dire need of new classrooms and as such, three new schools were built (St. Joseph, St. David, and St. Alphonse) and additional classrooms were being added to already existing schools. During the 1950's, numerous classroom additions and new schools were built to deal with the endless influx of students.