Skead's first community playground was built at the end of Bell Street in the summer of 1969 and was supervised by Susan Poupore. By 1974, Steven and Lula Popowich had donated land for the construction of another playground at the corner of Silverbirch Crescent and MacLennan Drive and the Skead Recreation Committee oversaw its construction.
Today, the Bell Street playground is no longer in use, however the community possesses three playgrounds: Silverbirch Playground; Bowland Bay Park (Power Road); and Brighton Park (Brighton Street).
All these playgrounds provide the residents of Skead with a place to play games and have fun, or to just relax and enjoy the day.
Material compiled from Skead, Ontario, Canada: 1924 - 1999.