After two years of construction, St. Bernardine of Siena was officially opened on June 1, 1947. Hundreds of parishioners attended the first mass which was performed by Bishop Dignan. This church, like its predecessor, was named St. Bernardine of Siena.
The first marriage to be held in the new church was between Aurore Therrien and Leonard Levesque and the first communion class was held in 1948.
During this time, St. Bernardine of Siena was considered a mission parish under Christ the King Church in Sudbury. This meant that the Saturday evening mass was conducted by the resident priest of Christ the King Church.
By 1961, the Catholic Women's Auxiliary was formed and were helping to raise money for a new electric organ for the parish. Eleven years later, in 1972, St. Bernardine of Siena celebrated its 25th anniversary. The celebration mass was performed by Father M. Sharpe and Father C. Mathieu from St. John the Evangelist Church in Garson.
The parish continued to thrive for many years and by August 20, 1993, an outside grotto had been built by the parishioners and blessed by Father Mulcahy. Four years later, the church was once again celebrating an anniversary. The 50th anniversary of the church was marked by a two-day event that was attended by many parishioners, both past and present.
Throughout the years, St. Bernardine of Siena has shared priests and services with St. John the Evangelist in Garson, St. Andrew the Apostle in New Sudbury, and Our Lord of the World in New Sudbury.
Today, St. Bernardine continues to minister to the spiritual needs of the people of Skead.