On October 29, 1935, St. Andrew's United held its first church service on the radio. The service was well received and continued to be aired until 1963 when the Official Board for the church ordered the discontinuation of the radio mass.
By 1938, over 1,000 people were practicing Protestants. To meet the demands of the large congregation, an assistant minister was hired.
In 1939, the Sunday School building on Cedar Street (formerly the Methodist Church), was sold to the Bell Telephone Company, and in April of 1940, expansion began on St. Andrew's Church. A new building was created that included a large Sunday School room, a gymnasium, an auditorium, and a ladies' parlour. The building was named Wesley Hall, in honour of the Methodist members of the congregation, and it was completed on February 2, 1941.
During World War II, 323 of St. Andrew's parishioners responded to the call for armed forces. Twenty-nine members of the congregation did not return from the war and it was determined that these parishioners should be honoured within the congregation. To this end, the names of those who sacrificed their lives were added to the Memorial Tablet at St. Andrew's Church.
By the end of 1945, church membership had increased to 1,720 parishioners.