Throughout the history of St. Alban's, there had never been a rectory established for the incumbent minister. Rectors would live either in a boarding room or an apartment provided by Alex Nepitt.
In September of 1957, Rector Fr. Gabriel White informed the congregation of his need for a rectory as he was about to be married. A house located on the plot of land between the church and the hall seemed the perfect option for the rectory. The property committee entertained notions on how to pay for the purchase of the property (owned at the time by Mr. Don Martin). It was decided that the corner lot on Dennie and Hannah Streets, owned by the church, would be sold to the Canadian Oil Company (who were seeking this property for the establishment of a service station).